Current Students



Eligible students of Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications can opt to defer the payment of all or part of their fees by applying for VET FEE-HELP.

Under this scheme you take out a loan from the Commonwealth to pay your fees now. You will start repaying the loan through the taxation system when your income exceeds a set level (currently around $50,000 per year).

Are you eligible?

To be eligible for the VET FEE-HELP student loan program you must:

Be an Australian citizen or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the VET unit of study for which you are seeking VET FEE-HELP assistance.

To obtain evidence that you are an Australian citizenship please visit the Australian Citizenship website

Find out which visa subclasses are eligible through this document Permanent Humanitarian Visa Sub-classes (pdf)


Be enrolled in a Diploma or above or the Certificate IVs as indicated on the right hand side of this page.

Meet the census date requirements

You must be enrolled on or before the census date (which will be provided to you before or at enrolment) and remain enrolled in the units at the end of the census date. .


Meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements

This includes providing your TFN or a Certificate of application for a tax file number to Student Services when you submit your VET FEE-HELP application.  Visit the Australian Taxation Office for more information on tax file numbers.


Have completed the VET FEE-HELP form

Have completed, signed and submitted a valid Request for VET FEE-HELP Assistance form on or before census date. You will receive this form when you enrol.


Have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit

The limit in 2014 is $96 000.



Application Process


Step 1: Read the VET FEE-Help Booklet

 If you are enrolling into an approved VET FEE-HELP course, then you will be provided with a copy of the VET FEE-HELP Information booklet at enrolment

OR you can visit the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations VET FEE-Help Site.

Step 2: Complete VET FEE-HELP Application Form

Complete the VET FEE-HELP application form (also called the Request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form). If you are enrolling into an approved VET FEE-HELP course at Central, then you will be provided with a form at the time you enrol.

Step 3: Lodge your VET FEE-HELP Application Form

Lodge your completed application form and the required supporting documentation with Student Services at Central on or before the "census date" for the first unit for which you wish to obtain VET FEE-HELP assistance.
We will provide you with the census date for your course on or before enrolment.

You only need to apply for VET FEE-HELP once. Unless you choose to pay fees upfront in following semesters, the original application form you have completed for a VET course of study will be used to manage payment of your fees using VET FEE-HELP in all following semesters.
You will need to provide Student Services with the following documents when you lodge the VET FEE-HELP application form:
  • Either your Tax File Number or a Certificate of Application for a Tax File Number
  • The original and a photocopy of your citizenship evidence such as a  birth certificate; Australian passport
  • A completed Student Statistical Information form available from Student Services

Please note that we are unable to process your application form without all required supporting documentation.


What happens after you apply

Once you have submitted your application form, along with all of the required documentation as outlined above, you will be provided with a Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN) within 28 days of the "census date".
This notice is a summary of your enrolment and associated fees for that enrolment period, including:
  • Units in which you are enrolled
  • Tuition fees for each of these units
  • The total VET FEE-HELP assistance you are requesting for the semester
  • The loan fee (if applicable), charged by the federal government for administration of your VET FEE-HELP debt
Please check all of the details on your notice carefully and notify Student Services within 14 days if there are any errors.

Certificate IVs which are eligible for VET-FEE HELP

The following Certificate IV qualifications only are also eligbile for VET-FEE HELP:

Certificate IV in Aged Care

Certificate IV in Disability

Certificate IV in Community Services Work

Certificate IV in Youth Work

Certificate IV in Education Support

CommunityServices-VFHSem12014.pdfView Fee Schedules for these courses




At enrolment you must provide:

Your Tax File Number (TFN) or Certificate of Application for a TFN.

Proof of Citizenship

A completed, valid Request for VET FEE-HELP Assistance form




Latest Blog Posts...

As part of Central’s Anti Poverty Week conference, Deputy Premier and Minister for Training and Workforce Development, Kim Hames MLA and Executive Director of the TDA National Scholarship Foundation, Theresa Collignon, presented Mick Young Scholarships to Central students … read more →

Follow Central

social-facebook.png social-google+.png social-youtube.png social-pinterest.png ​

Government of Western AustraliaFutureSkills WACRICOS Code 000020G