|Course Code:||DIS016|| |
|Careers:||Support Worker || |
|How:||Short course, Fee for service, Work based|| |
|Where:||LEEDERVILLE CAMPUSRICHMOND STREETLEEDERVILLE6007|| |
|International study available:||No|| |
|Online study available:|| |
|Uni pathway available:||No|| |
|Day and Time:||half day|| |
|Commences:||Please contact us for dates for the next workshop.
|Further information:||Email email@example.com or phone 9202 0410 to enquire about this course.|| |
About the course Ask us a question about this course
This half day workshop will provide you with the theory and practical skills required to assist a person with a disability with mealtime management in a respectful and dignified manner. This may be in their home or a group home, workplace or recreation environment.
It will give you the technical information needed to understand the importance of following mealtime management procedures for people who may have swallowing difficulties.
Skills you will gain from this course
The skills you will gain from this workshop are:
- Knowledge of theory of dysphasia (swallowing difficulties) and the importance of correct management of it
- Knowledge in identifying personal mealtime management requirements of an individual
- Practical skills in preparing modified drinks and meals for people with dysphasia
- Knowledge and skills in recognising and reporting changes in mealtime management support requirements
- Knowledge in liaising with appropriate people to develop a service delivery plan
- Knowledge in coordination of delivery of the service plan
- Knowledge in monitoring, evaluation and reviewing a service delivery plan