|Course Code:||DIS015|| |
|Careers:||Support Worker || |
|How:||Short course, Fee for service, Work based|| |
|Where:||LEEDERVILLE CAMPUSRICHMOND STREETLEEDERVILLE6007|| |
|International study available:||No|| |
|Online study available:|| |
|Uni pathway available:||No|| |
|Day and Time:||full day|| |
|Commences:||Please contact us for dates for the next workshop.
|Further information:||Email email@example.com or phone 9202 0410 to enquire about this course.|| |
About the course Ask us a question about this course
This workshop is related to the unit of competence: CHCICS301A – Provide support to meet personal care needs. You can choose one of two pathways. Firstly you can attend the workshop, take the information and skills learned and put them into practice in your workplace. Alternatively, if you choose to be formally assessed, and if successful, you gain a unit of competence from a nationally accredited Training Package.
The assessment takes place in and post workshop, through assessment, third party reports from a supervisor/line manager and/or a portfolio of evidence. Upon receipt of your assessment evidence a lecturer will be appointed to undertake assessment and will contact you regarding the outcome. The assessment incurs an additional fee of $90.
Skills you will gain from this course
The skills you will gain from this workshop are:
- Broad knowledge in all aspects of personal care needs e.g. bathing, toileting, dressing, hair, makeup, shaving, feminine hygiene etc.
- Knowledge in identifying personal support requirements of an individual
- Knowledge in providing support within the context of maximum individual participation
- Knowledge and skills in recognising and reporting changes in health and/or personal support requirements
- Knowledge in liaising with appropriate people to develop a service delivery plan
- Knowledge in coordination of delivery of the service plan
- Knowledge in monitoring, evaluation and reviewing a service delivery plan