|Course Code:||DIS014|| |
|Careers:||Support Worker || |
|How:||Short course, Fee for service, Work based|| |
|Where:||LEEDERVILLE CAMPUSRICHMOND STREETLEEDERVILLE6007|| |
|International study available:||No|| |
|Online study available:|| |
|Uni pathway available:||No|| |
|Day and Time:||full day|| |
|Commences:||Please contact us for dates for the next workshop.
|Further information:||Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9202 0410 to enquire about this course.|| |
About the course Ask us a question about this course
This workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to provide services to people with a disability who have mental health issues. It will help you to develop an understanding of the issues facing this person and strategies you could implement to increase their quality of life.
This workshop is related to the unit of competence: CHCMH301B - Work effectively in mental health. You can choose one of two pathways. Firstly you can attend the workshop, take the information and skills learned and put them into practice in your workplace. Alternatively, if you choose to be formally assessed, and if successful, you gain a unit of competence from a nationally accredited Training Package.
The assessment takes place in and post workshop, through assessment, third party reports from a supervisor/line manager and/or a portfolio of evidence. Upon receipt of your assessment evidence a lecturer will be appointed to undertake assessment and will contact you regarding the outcome. The assessment incurs an additional fee.
Skills you will gain from this course
The skills you will gain from this workshop are:
- Knowledge and awareness of how a this dual diagnosis of mental illness impacts on the person and the key people involved in their life
- Knowledge of identifying triggers which may cause behaviours of concern
- Knowledge of strategies to assist the person and others around them to understand and work with situations in an appropriate manner
- Knowledge in liaising with appropriate people to develop a service delivery plan
- Knowledge in monitoring, evaluation and reviewing a service delivery plan