|Course Code:||DIS009|| |
|Careers:||Support Worker || |
|How:||Short course, Fee for service|| |
|Where:||LEEDERVILLE CAMPUSRICHMOND STREETLEEDERVILLE6007|| |
|International study available:||No|| |
|Online study available:|| |
|Uni pathway available:||No|| |
|Day and Time:||Half day || |
|Commences:||To be organised with your organisation
|Further information:||Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9202 0410 to enquire about this course.|| |
About the course Ask us a question about this course
This workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to apply specific communication techniques to build and maintain relationships with families.
It will assist you in understanding problems and issues families of people with a disability face and will provide you with strategies to deal with these issues.
It discusses personal attributes and skills needed to effectively work with families of the people you support.
Skills you will gain from this course
The skills you will gain from this workshop are:
- Understanding of issues facing families of people with a disability
- Empathy for families in dealing with issues they may face
- Specific communication techniques and strategies needed to deal with families
- Skills and techniques required to deal with difficult people
- Ientifying personal attributes, strengths and weaknesses needed to effectively work with families