|Course Code:||DIS001|| |
|Careers:||Support Worker || |
|How:||Short course, Fee for service, Work based|| |
|Where:||LEEDERVILLE CAMPUSRICHMOND STREETLEEDERVILLE6007|| |
|International study available:||No|| |
|Online study available:|| |
|Uni pathway available:||No|| |
|Day and Time:||half day|| |
|Commences:||Please contact us for dates for the next workshop.
|Further information:||Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9202 0410 to enquire about this course.|| |
About the course Ask us a question about this course
This workshop will provide you with information on the values and attitudes required to be an effective support person for people with a disability. It will challenge your perceptions of people with a disability and how you interact with them in a support worker role.
It will look at values that are important to you and how they align, or not, with values required to work in the disability sector. It will discuss the history of how people with a disability were treated and how different philosophies have changed over the years.
Skills you will gain from this course
The skills you will gain from this workshop are:
- Reflection on personal values & attitudes
- Understanding of issues facing people with a disability
- Understanding of how to positively support people with a disability
- Understanding of industry terminology and jargon
- Understanding of historical attitudes towards people with a disability